Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Recent Assignments

Assignment: Take this tattoo art and convert it for use on a T-Shirt. Use only Red, White, Yellow Black and Grey.
Time: 4 hours
Original Art:














Final Art:















Assignment: Take this hand drawn logo and clean it up but keep the same feel of it.
Time: 2.5 hours


Originally I tried to use the auto trace functionality in Illustrator but the results were really bad.













So I redrew it by hand using a lightbox:













and then redid that drawing in Illustrator:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sucks that "derby" disappears under the legs. There's no other place to read that word...and someone unfamiliar wouldn't realize that's the word under her legs. Just a thought - Friction

Unknown said...

I know, but it was not my call to make. I was merely asked to clean up the drawing. I know that another illustrator created a new updated logo for them, but they are really attached to this one so they decided not to use it and have this one cleaned up instead.

Ty Hudgins said...

Yo dude who did that text for the hell Marys? Liz just had our little girl last week and I wanna get something arcoss my forarm in that same style. But I havent foud anything I really like.

lol, for that roller girl logo, why don't you just put the logo across the chest in a cool font like Sarah Script?

Hit me up